Emblems are a used as a system to evaluate your performance during a match and gives you pips in order to rank up. Killers and Survivors each have 4 Emblems they can obtain during a match by performing specific actions and adopting specific behaviours. Each Emblem comes in 4 qualities, and the total amount of Emblems as well as their quality determines the amount of pips the player is going to win/lose.
Survivor emblems are given for the following:
- LIGHTBRINGER represents your participation in generator repairs. The higher the percentage of overall generator repair participation, the higher the quality of this emblem. Successfully cleansing Hex Totems and opening Exit Gates also grants points towards this emblem.
- UNBROKEN represents your ability to survive. Escaping a trial without being downed results in an Iridescent quality, while being downed one or more times results in a Gold quality. If you die in a trial, the emblem quality is based on the amount of time you were alive, however, the highest quality you will receive in this manner is Silver.
- BENEVOLENT represents how altruistic you and your team are during a Trial. The first two times each Survivor is hooked, all Survivors lose points. Safely unhooking them returns the points back to all Survivors that still remain in the match, and The Survivor performing the action also receives bonus points. An unsafe hook rescue results in a loss of points for The Survivor performing the action. Other altruistic actions, such as healing, making a Killer drop a Survivor, and taking a hit while a Survivor is being carried, also grant points.
- EVADER represents your ability to stay hidden from The Killer or to be able to win chases against them. You win points by remaining unnoticed by The Killer; the closer you are, the higher the points. You also win points if you escape a chase without getting hit; the longer the chase, the higher the points. Every 15 seconds, you secure your points, however, you will only receive half of the points if you lose the chase.
Based on what you did during the trial, you will receive one of the following Quality for your emblems:
- None (you didn’t get the Emblem!)
Each of these quality grants an amount of points, going from 1 to 4. The total sum of points you obtained from emblems dictates how many pips you win or lose:
- Between 0 and 5 points: you lose 1 pip
- Between 6 and 8 points: no change
- Between 9 and 13 points: you gain 1 pip
- Between 14 and 16 points: you gain 2 pips