Emblems are a used as a system to evaluate your performance during a match and gives you pips in order to rank up. Killers and Survivors each have 4 Emblems they can obtain during a match by performing specific actions and adopting specific behaviours. Each Emblem comes in 4 qualities, and the total amount of Emblems as well as their quality determines the amount of pips the player is going to win/lose.
Killer emblems are awarded for the following:
- GATEKEEPER is won by slowing down generator repair progress for as long as possible. You win points every second, based on the amount of incomplete generators remaining on the map. Ending the trial with incomplete generators also grants bonus points towards this emblem.
- MALICIOUS represents your ability to apply pressure on Survivors and prevent them from helping each other. You win points by hurting, interrupting, and downing Survivors, and you lose points when they are healed. Points are also awarded each time a Survivor is hooked, which are NOT lost when The Survivor is unhooked.
- DEVOUT represents your ability to sacrifice and kill. Each Survivor eliminated from the trial grants points. Sacrifices, moris and Reverse Beartrap kills grant the same amount of points. No points are awarded for Survivors that bleed out.
- CHASER represents your ability to find and chase Survivors. You win a few points each time you find a Survivor, and you also win points by winning the chase; the shorter the chase, the higher the points.
Based on what you did during the trial, you will receive one of the following Quality for your emblems:
- None (you didn’t get the Emblem!)
Each of these quality grants an amount of points, going from 1 to 4. The total sum of points you obtained from emblems dictates how many pips you win or lose:
- Between 0 and 5 points: you lose 1 pip
- Between 6 and 8 points: no change
- Between 9 and 13 points: you gain 1 pip
- Between 14 and 16 points: you gain 2 pips