Verifying your game files can occasionally remedy issues you may face in-game. Below, you will find guidelines on how to verify your files for Dead by Daylight on both Steam and Epic Games Store.
- Right-click on Dead by Daylight in your Steam Library.
- Click on "Properties...".
- Click on "Local Files" from the options on the left of the pop-up window.
- Click on "Verify integrity of game files...".
- Steam will begin to verify your Dead by Daylight files - this process may take several minutes.
Epic Games Store:
- Click on "Library".
- Click on the "..." below Dead by Daylight in your Library.
- Click on "Verify".
- The Epic Games Store will begin to verify your Dead by Daylight files - this process may take several minutes.
- Open the Xbox app for Windows.
- In My Library, select Dead by Daylight.
- Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
- Select Files and then Verify and repair.